Monday, September 14, 2015

My poster! Maria




































Hi guys!

I chose to split my poster in half, since I have a Norwegian father and Kenyan mother. I was born and raised in Trondheim, Norway but spent about 2 months in Kenya every year. 
The two cultures are completely opposite but both have wonderful values. I would say Kenya is very family and education -oriented while Norway is very liberal and people pretty much do whatever makes them happy. 
When it comes to the people, Kenyans are very open and inviting. They are extremely well mannered and always smiling. If you go to Norway you get the opposite! People are very kind, but extremely reserved. Norwegians don't talk to strangers unless they have to, but once you get to know them, they are wonderful. 
I chose to print out pictures of each country's currency and the foods I remembered and loved the most (mandazi, kransekake). Pictures of cities (Nairobi, Trondheim) to show what the countries look like. I put two pictures of East African wood carvings, (which are common all over Africa) because they were always in my family members homes in Kenya (also in my mothers house in Norway). I put the quote from the Lion King, to show the language (Swahili), whenever I explain my heritage I always refer to the Lion King so people understand what I'm talking about! : )

7 comments:

  1. I think it's very nice to have a two completely different culture in one person, my question for you is how much is the number of the population Norway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool poster. I don't like to like to talk to strangers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poster got my attention because of the contrast between the cultures you were raced in, which I think are very enriching.

    What religion do both cultures believe in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poster really got my attention, you have such a beautiful culture!! by the way I love Hakuna Matata haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poster show the Kenya side more than the Norway side, i mean the image, when the first time i heard you came from Norway. i was little surprise. because one of my goal about life is go to Norway and see aurora at night

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poster show the Kenya side more than the Norway side, i mean the image, when the first time i heard you came from Norway. i was little surprise. because one of my goal about life is go to Norway and see aurora at night

    ReplyDelete